Skip to Main Content

Las Vegas, NV – 1-Year-Old Girl Killed by SUV on Colleen Drive


1-Year-Old Girl Killed by SUV on Colleen Drive

Las Vegas, NV (August 9, 2026) – A 1-year-old girl died after she was struck by a slow-moving SUV in the central Las Vegas valley, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement.

Police say officers responded around 6:42 p.m. on Colleen Drive, south of Churchill Street near Jones Boulevard and Interstate 11/US 95.

Investigators believe a 2015 Toyota Sequoia was moving slowly on Colleen Drive when the girl entered the vehicle’s path without the driver’s knowledge. The SUV struck her and knocked her to the ground.

Medical crews took her to University Medical Center, where she died from her injuries.

Police say the driver showed no signs of impairment and cooperated with the investigation. The crash remains under investigation.

The child’s death marks the 71st traffic-related fatality within LVMPD’s jurisdiction so far this year, according to police.

This is a developing story. Details may change as the investigation continues.

No family braces for a night like this one, and a loss this sudden deserves patience and clear answers, not more stress, in the days that follow.

Fatal Pedestrian Accidents in Las Vegas, NV

A fatal pedestrian crash in Las Vegas can involve more than one contributing factor, and the driver’s actions are only part of what investigators examine.

Who may be liable: the driver’s attention, speed, and reaction time in the moments before impact

What investigators examine: dashcam or nearby surveillance footage, witness statements, the SUV’s event data recorder, and lighting or sightlines along Colleen Drive

What Nevada law says about a young child: a 1-year-old cannot be held to any standard of care, so responsibility in this crash rests with the adults and conditions investigators are reviewing, not the child
How comparative fault works once more facts are known: Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence rule, and any adult found less than 51% at fault can still recover compensation (NRS 41.141)

Nevada gives families two years from the date of death, August 9, 2028, to file a wrongful death claim (NRS 41.085).

Contact Our Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Lawyers

No parent expects a quiet evening near home to end this way, and grief this sudden does not need to be carried alone or rushed.

Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Las Vegas have recovered a $7.1 million award in a vehicle-versus-pedestrian traumatic brain injury case, and our firm was built by a family that once needed this same kind of help after a loved one’s injury changed everything.

Surveillance footage near Colleen Drive and Jones Boulevard, along with the SUV’s onboard data, is the kind of evidence that can be lost or overwritten within days, so preserving it early matters.

We take pedestrian and wrongful death cases on contingency, so nothing is owed unless we recover for your family, and there is no cost to simply ask questions first.

Call (702) 508-7675 for a free consultation now.

Disclaimer: The information in this news post is based on reliable sources, including local news reports, statements from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and online resources. The image used is for illustration only and does not depict the incident. Nothing in this post is intended as an accusation of wrongdoing against any person or business; all incidents described are subject to ongoing investigation. This post is not a solicitation and is not legal or medical advice. If you locate inaccurate information or would like a post removed, contact our team and we will address it promptly.

Related News