Helping You Find Closure In A Wrongful Death Case
Have You Lost Someone Dear To You? Contact us today at 702-605-3113!
While accidents occur every day, nothing is more heartbreaking than a preventable accident that takes an innocent person’s life. If you lost a spouse, a child or another loved one in a horrible accident, we urge you to contact Ace Law Group as soon as possible for legal support.
When you are dealing with a serious loss, you must retain the best legal counsel around. Our award-winning Las Vegas personal injury attorneys have received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for 2013 and 2014, and attorney Kang is a member of The National Trial Lawyers.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits In Nevada
In Nevada, a wrongful death claim is a civil remedy available when the intentional, reckless or negligent conduct of an individual causes the death of another human being. A wrongful death claim is filed on behalf of the victim who lost their life and is usually filed by the victim’s spouse or close family members, but under certain circumstances, others can file as well.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Nevada law allows the following parties to file a wrongful death lawsuit:
- The children of the deceased person
- The surviving spouse or domestic partner
- The personal representative of the decedent’s estate
- The parents of the deceased person, if there is no surviving spouse or children
Under Nevada law, a wrongful death claim must be filed within two years of the date of the decedent’s death. If a wrongful death claim is not filed within this statute of limitation, the defendant will likely file a motion to dismiss the case, and the court will grant the request.
What Types Of Damages Are Available In Nevada Wrongful Death Claims?
The following types of damages are available in a Nevada wrongful death claim:
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of benefits to heirs
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses on behalf of the deceased
- Property damage incurred from the accident
- Punitive damages (in special circumstances)
- Lost wages and benefits, including those that the deceased would have been expected to earn if he or she had survived
Contact A Las Vegas Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you lost a loved one as a result of an automobile accident, medical malpractice or due to another cause, please contact Ace Law Group for professional legal advice. In a free case evaluation, we will go over the details of your case and fully explain your legal options.
For your convenience, you can contact us online or over the phone at 702-605-3113.