Holding Dog Owners Liable For Attacks
In Las Vegas, dog owners are required to obey city and state laws to minimize the opportunity for dog attacks on public and private property. Dog owner liability refers to an owner’s failure to follow these statutes, which results in their dog injuring an individual. The results can be costly. Dog owners and their insurance companies may be financially responsible for paying damages that may include:
- Medical bills, including surgery and rehabilitation services
- Lost wages due to the injury and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
When you visit friends or Las Vegas parks, you should be able to do so without fear of a dog bite or attack. Should this traumatic event occur, you have legal options for a dog owner’s negligence. At Ace Law Group, our attorneys have extensive experience representing Las Vegas citizens for a range of personal injury concerns.
Led by our principal lawyer, Patrick W. Kang, our legal professionals have helped victims secure large settlements to defray medical bills and address long-term emotional issues. Contact our Nevada firm to learn how we can help establish a dog attack claim.
Dog Owners Can Be Held Responsible In These Situations
- The dog has attacked or bitten someone in the past.
- Las Vegas animal control has identified the dog as “vicious” or “dangerous.”
- The dog owner has been negligent in controlling the animal, by failing to leash the dog in public or take appropriate measures to promote a safe environment at home.
Lawmakers and council members design statutes to protect us from harmful incidents. When dog owners act in a reckless manner and you suffer as a result of their disregard for laws, they should be held accountable.
You can rely on Ace Law Group to fight for your rights throughout all stages of your injury claim.