Sexual harassment in the workplace is increasingly recognized as a stressor with serious consequences for employees and organizations alike.
Being sexually harassed can devastate your psychological health, physical well-being, and vocational development. Some effects might include:
- Depression, anxiety, shock, denial
- Anger, fear, frustration, irritability
- Insecurity, embarrassment, feelings of betrayal
- Confusion, feelings of being powerless.
- Shame, self-consciousness, low self-esteem
- Guilt, self-blame, isolation
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Dermatological reactions
- Weight fluctuations
- Sleep disturbances, nightmares
- Phobias, panic reactions
- Sexual problems
- Decreased job satisfaction.
- Unfavorable performance evaluations
- Loss of job or promotion
- Drop in academic or work performance due to stress.
- Withdrawal from work or school
- Change in career goals
In 2020 only, the EEOC reported 6,587 sexual harassment charges filed with the agency. Many sexual harassment victims often suffer this unlawful behavior in silence because they believe they will not be able to prove harassment took place. At Ace Law Group, we offer another choice: You can expose the harassment to obtain justice.
If you or a loved one has been sexually harassed or assaulted at the workplace or at school now is the time to speak out. We can help. Our team of dedicated lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants have dedicated their lives to fighting for our clients. Call us for a confidential and free consultation today.